Wednesday 28 November 2012

DIY Cranberry Gin

Christmas present DIY-ing is going well... EXCEPT I forgot that when you infuse gin it takes 3 months... I have just made my Cranberry and Elderflower gin with exactly one month until Christmas! Therefore I will have to give it out with labels saying "consume from 25/2/2013... bit weird!





It was super easy and quick to make this...

100g water
300g Cranberries
300g Caster Sugar
500ml Elderflower cordial
1l gin

I poured the water, cranberries and sugar into a pan and simmered for 15 minutes. I added the Elderflower after this and left it for five. I then took the pan off the heat and added the gin. Transfer to your containers (i used to kilner jars and the gin bottle) Then the process it to shake the mixture everyday for two weeks, then once a week. At three weeks I will strain the mixture and get rid of the berries and bottle the gin ready for present giving.


No comments:

Post a Comment